1) I can choose myself – I don’t have to wait on anyone else to hand me the opportunity. I will seek out the opportunity on my own.
2) Success is inevitable only in hindsight – no one truly can predict the success of their projects.
3) I am not self-serving. I am a servant – serve others the best way you can, and you will be successful because it is genuine.
4) I may not be the first … but I can always be the last.
5) I will do one thing every day no one else is willing to do.
6) I don’t build networks. I forge lasting connections.
7) Strategy is important, but execution is everything – everyone knows the strategy, and that knowledge is accessible to anyone, but not everyone has the courage to execute. Have the courage to execute.
8) Real leadership is measured in years, not moments – build years of helping people feel better about themselves and they will want to go where you go.
9) Work comes first. Payoff comes later.
10) I can make history — and I will.